Why Head POCUS?
There are certain situations such as dropping hemoglobin due to IVH in prematurity where the head point of care US (POCUS) is needed. We provide this great opportunity for those looking to advance their career with the skills to assess the head by POCUS.
- ✅The course is mentored by an experience POCUS tutor.
- ✅Composed of 9 interactive sessions.
- ✅Combined 810 minutes, 9 sessions 90 minutes each.
- ✅Study Material provided before each session.
- ✅Video Recording of each session after the conclusion of the session.
- ✅Each session awards 5 Continued Medical Education points (CME) for a total of 13.5.
- ✅Certificates of attendance awarded at the end of the course.
- ✅Review material provided to refresh information.
- ✅Mentorship and feedback for up to 30 days following the conclusion of the course.
- ✅Self-reporting Head Ultrasound table.
By end of this course, the candidate will be able to independently assess the brain using POCUS. The main targeted are basics Dopplers, two D views, Peri/IVH, Hydrocephalous and related topic, Cerebellum pathologies, and Doppler abnormalities, Meningitis, encephalitis, HIE, TORCH, and others.
The Sessions Details
- External, internal, and vascular anatomy
- Basics Dopplers
- Two D views
- Hydrocephalous and related topic
- Cerebellum pathologies and Doppler abnormalities
- Meningitis, encephalitis, HIE, TORCH, and others
- Formative assessment and review I
- Formative assessment and review Ii
The course will be once weekly starting on the First Thursday of each month at 10 pm Dubai time. However, the timing can be changed to suits candidates with different time zones such as far east Asia and South America
* in this session real-life scenarios will be discussed
taught live via Zoom by:
Dr. Yahya Ethawi, MD, DCH, CABP, FRACP (OTP), Neonatal-Perinatal fellowship, University of Melbourne, Australia, Neonatal-perinatal medicine, The University of Manitoba, Canada, consultant and head of NICU, Saudi German Hospital Ajman, Visiting professor of neonatology
Pricing includes a $9.95 processing fee.