Why lung POCUS?
The evidence of using point of care US (POCUS) to assess the lung replacing the XR is huge including diagnosis, US guide intubation, ventilation surfactant administration. Hence, we provide this opportunity for those looking to advance their career with the skills to assess the lung by POCUS.
- ✅The course is mentored by an experience POCUS tutor.
- ✅Composed of 5 interactive sessions.
- ✅Combined 540 minutes, 6 sessions 90 minutes each.
- ✅Study Material provided before each session.
- ✅Video Recording of each session after the conclusion of the session.
- ✅Each session awards 5 Continued Medical Education points (CME) for a total of 9.
- ✅Certificates of attendance awarded at the end of the course.
- ✅Review material provided to refresh information.
- ✅Mentorship and feedback for up to 30 days following the conclusion of the course.
- ✅Self-reporting lung Ultrasound table.
By end of this course, the candidate will be able to independently assess the lung using POCUS. The main targeted pathology is Pneumothorax, RDS, TTN, Asthma, Bronchiolitis, Pneumonia, Abscess, COVID19, Dehydration, fluid overload, ventilation, MAS, CLD, Pleural effusion, grading, limitation, and surfactant administration.
The Sessions Details
- Introduction, A-lines, B lines, pleural sliding, air bronchogram, subpulmonic consolidation, and others
- Pneumothorax and US lung profiles.
- RDS, TTN, Asthma & Bronchiolitis.
- Pneumonia, Abscess, and COVID19.
- Dehydration, fluid overload, ventilation MAS, CLD, Pleural effusion, grading, limitation & others.
- Review and assessment including lung POCUS self-reporting system
The course will be once weekly starting on the First Saturday of each month at 10 pm Dubai time. However, the timing can be changed to suits candidates with different time zones such as far east Asia and South America
* in this session real-life scenarios will be discussed
taught live via Zoom by:
Dr. Yahya Ethawi, MD, DCH, CABP, FRACP (OTP), Neonatal-Perinatal fellowship, University of Melbourne, Australia, Neonatal-perinatal medicine, The University of Manitoba, Canada, consultant and head of NICU, Saudi German Hospital Ajman, Visiting professor of neonatology
Pricing includes a $9.95 processing fee.