Why Bowel POCUS?
The evidence of using point of care US (POCUS) to assess sick bowel replacing the XR is huge. Hence, we provide this opportunity for those looking to advance their career with the skills to assess the bowel by POCUS.
- ✅ The course is mentored by an experience POCUS tutor.
- ✅ Composed of 5 interactive sessions.
- ✅ Combined 450 minutes, 5 sessions 90 minutes each.
- ✅ Study Material provided before each session.
- ✅ Video Recording of each session after the conclusion of the session.
- ✅ Each session awards 1.5 Continued Medical Education points (CME) for a total of 7.5.
- ✅ Certificates of attendance awarded at the end of the course.
- ✅ Review material provided to refresh information.
- ✅ Mentorship and feedback for up to 30 days following the conclusion of the course.
- ✅ Self-reporting Bowel Ultrasound table.
By end of this course, the candidate will be able to independently assess the bowel using POCUS. The main targeted pathology is necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC), bowel ischemia, perforation, and ileus in addition to the Doppler assessment of abdominal vessels.
The Sessions Details
- Introduction of anatomy, normal US & normal Doppler of the bowel*.
- Basic bowel US pathology which includes the 13 bowel US signs
- NEC, ileus, and sick bowel. In this session, the candidate will understand the US diagnosis of NEC, bowel ischemia, perforation, free fluid, and free abdominal air.
- Cases Reviews & Assessment I**
- Case Reviews & Assessment II**
The course will be once weekly starting on the First Sunday of each month at 10 pm Dubai time. However, the timing can be changed to suits candidates with different time zones such as far east Asia and South America
* US differentiation between large and small bowel, also jejunum from the ileum.
** in this session real-life scenarios will be discussed.
taught live via Zoom by:
Dr. Yahya Ethawi, MD, DCH, CABP, FRACP (OTP), Neonatal-Perinatal fellowship, University of Melbourne, Australia, Neonatal-perinatal medicine, The University of Manitoba, Canada, consultant and head of NICU, Saudi German Hospital Ajman, Visiting professor of neonatology
Pricing includes a $9.95 processing fee.