Neonatal Feeding & Nutrition$269.95
Why feeding and nutrition?
One of the fundamental skills in neonatology is to establish good feeding and achieve acceptable growth and minimize enteral and parenteral complications. Most health care practitioners think that they know how to feed and nourish a newborn. However, attending this course will show you the skills and materials that you were not aware of that will help you to improve your outcome in the state of the art care.
- ✅The course is mentored by an experience POCUS tutor.
- ✅Composed of 11 interactive sessions.
- ✅Combined 990 minutes, 11 sessions 90 minutes each.
- ✅Study Material provided before each session.
- ✅Video Recording of each session after the conclusion of the session.
- ✅Each session awards 5 Continued Medical Education points (CME) for a total of 16.5.
- ✅Certificates of attendance awarded at the end of the course.
- ✅Review material provided to refresh information.
- ✅Mentorship and feedback for up to 30 days following the conclusion of the course.
By end of this course, the candidate will be able to appropriately feed the baby, effectively use parenteral nutrition, avoid complications. You will be able to care for your baby including appropriate weight gain and organize the feeding between different staff using a special feeding protocol.
The Sessions Details
- Monitoring nutrition in NICU
- Initiation of feeding
- Feeding protocols and maintenance of feeding
- Parenteral nutrition
- Feeding in special NICU situations
- Feeding complications
- Hyper and hypoglycemia
- Prevention and treatment of NEC
- Cow’s milk allergy in NICU
- Dealing with weight loss in NICU
- Feeding and nutrition after discharge
The course will be once weekly starting on the First Saturday at 8 PM of each month at 10 pm Dubai time. However, the timing can be changed to suits candidates with different time zones such as far east Asia and South America
* in this session real-life scenarios will be discussed
taught live via Zoom by:
Dr. Yahya Ethawi, MD, DCH, CABP, FRACP (OTP), Neonatal-Perinatal fellowship, University of Melbourne, Australia, Neonatal-perinatal medicine, The University of Manitoba, Canada, consultant and head of NICU, Saudi German Hospital Ajman, Visiting professor of neonatology
Pricing includes a $9.95 processing fee.